I invite you to explore my professional practice information.
Please see 100% positive reviews by past patients at independent review websites such as: healthgrades.com, kudzu.com, everydayhealth.com, yellowbook.com, yahoo.com, networktherapy.com, , oregonlive.com, alltherapists.com, google+,
citysearch.com, yelp.com, ziplocal.com and many others.
I do offer a no-charge phone consultation in order to talk through your issues, and help you make your decision about therapy at this time, and your comfort level with me. I return consultation calls promptly. My phone number is (503) 421-0471. All calls are strictly confidential.
Second, you will want to know that I see people on weekdays and early mornings and evenings, by appointment. My office is conveniently located in downtown Portland, OR.
I have been in the private practice of psychotherapy for over 30 years. I am licensed as a clinical social worker in the State of Oregon. I hold certification as a Board Certified Diplomate within my profession and am also credentialed as an Academy of Certified Social Workers professional. This is among the most respected designations in my profession. I have been certified as a sex therapist, as well.
- My therapeutic goals in your treatment are whatever your therapeutic goals are. The therapy is focused on listening to your needs and establishing your goals. I then devise and apply the professional solutions that are the most effective and efficient way to help you reach those goals. I see therapy as a way to help each person to achieve more control and freedom and to have a life where you have better outcomes, the outcomes (and coping skills) you want.
- Your therapy with me is a partnership in which we work together to achieve your therapy goals. It is my responsibility to bring therapeutic knowledge and skills to apply to the problems you bring in. It is your responsibility to make the time and effort to do the things we know will help you get the results you want.
- The vast majority of my referrals are from other professional providers, other therapists and past patients who refer to me in the areas of my specialization. I do also accept self-referrals within my areas of practice. I am pleased that 90% of my referrals come from doctors, therapists and past patients as these are results based referrals.
- Other health and mental health providers usually refer me people who have one or more of the conditions I specialize in treating: depression, anxiety and panic; phobia disorders, PTSD, trauma and abuse issues, adult ADHD, and relationship (communication, infidelity, marital, divorce issues) and sex therapy.
- I also provide general psychotherapy and, specifically, provide treatment for self-esteem issues, victims of domestic violence/rape, childhood sexual abuse, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, gay and lesbian issues, chemical and co-dependency and chronic pain patients.
- The primary techniques I employ in therapy are cognitive-behavioral therapy, behavior therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and relationship and sex therapy.
- My practice is appropriate for people who want a direct, brief, solution-and resolution-focused approach to their personal issues and clinical conditions
I am a preferred provider for a number of insurance plans and panels. For other insurance companies, many provide “out-of-network” mental health coverage benefits to reduce your out of pocket expenses. We can discuss this on the phone or at your first appointment.
Payment is due at time of service, unless another arrangement has been made with me. I accept checks, cash and credit cards.
It is always an honor to have any person place their trust in me in this process and I always do all I can to justify the trust that people put in me and the therapeutic process. I look forward to meeting you and to getting started on your own road to progress.
In the event I have no appointment times available at the time you contact me or simply am not the best fit for your treatment needs, I will be pleased to make sure you receive select referral names from me so that you can explore your alternatives with another qualified professional.
PLEASE EXPLORE THE OTHER SECTIONS OF MY WEBSITE TO GET A FULL SENSE OF MY PRACTICE AND HOW YOU MIGHT BENEFIT FROM AN INITIAL NO-CHARGE PHONE CONSULTATION!